ISO 9001 Certified Company
Applied Power Systems, Inc. (APS) is a power engineering and manufacturing company located in Hicksville, NY. APS production facilities include complete, fully equipped machining centers, epoxy powder coating line, mechanical assembly cells, electrical research, development, test and laboratory areas, as well as raw material and finished goods storage area.
The APS Engineering Department's primary focus is providing high power solutions and encompasses multiple disciplines, offering mechanical, thermal and electrical expertise in the design and manufacture of high power systems.
APS maintains a quality system compliant with and certified to ISO 9000 standards.
The Engineering Department of APS, composed of the Design Department and the Research and Development Department, work hand-in-hand with the Sales Department to provide the fastest possible response to customer needs.
Design and Sales Engineers contribute jointly in the analysis of technical requirements and employ computerized networks of electrical and mechanical CAD software and Computer Assisted Project Management software to implement automated production of the entire product line.
The R&D Department is focused on four major tasks:
- Development of new products
- Refining software tools (simulation, topologies modeling, timing and control analysis)
- Performance of advanced testing
- Refining, validating and performing serial testing (per customer specification)
To perform these different tasks successfully, the Engineering Department is supported by test engineers utilizing equipment designed specifically for high power electronics, including the following facilities:
- Voltage and Current Sources capable of supplying:
- 200kW Voltage / Current Source supplying variable DC 0 to 1000V / 0 to 200A
- 120kW Voltage / Current Source supplying variable DC 0 to 15V / 0 to 8,000A
- 400Hz 30kW Three-phase Generator Set
- 40kV AC High Voltage Source
- Programmable Laboratory AC Power Sources - Variable Voltage, Frequency, Phase
- PC-based Programmable Semiconductor Test System - Programmable to 10,000A
- Programmable Load fixtures for DC and AC applications, resistive, inductive and capacitive
- Microprocessor Development Systems supporting multiple architectures - Supporting DSP, CISC, RISC and PC based applications
- Assorted Measurement & Test Instrumentation for temperature, power, harmonic distortion, pressure, water and air flow, etc.
- Wideband high voltage measurement systems to 60kV
- Wideband differential measurement systems to 60kV
- Wideband high current measurement systems
- Wideband power amplifiers
- Hipot Test Instruments
- Insulation Resistance Test Instruments
- Closed loop chillers for testing liquid cooled systems
- Hydraulic systems
APS production facilities include complete and fully equipped machining centers, an epoxy powder coating line, mechanical assembly cells, test and laboratory areas, as well as raw material and finished goods storage areas.